‘Transposer’ Piano

1948-49,

From a brass plaque affixed under the lid: ‘TRANSPOSER, Designed & built by G. E. Murfet, Smithton, Tasmania, 1948-49’.  ‘Transposers made it possible for the piano player to change the key of a musical piece by the simple maneuver [sic] of moving the keys of the piano under the action.

  • History

Heritage at Duck River Pavillions © 2020. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use