A collection of material relating to Circular Head’s timber industry.

1884,

Joseph Samuel Lee pioneered commercial sawmilling in the Circular Head district.  He made his first inspection of the Duck Valley forests in 1884 with local settler Thomas Ling as his guide.  He immediately recognised the potential of the forests especially in the Mella, Christmas Hills and Broadmeadows farming areas.  He set up a mill at Leesville on the western side of the Duck River in 1885.

  • History

Heritage at Duck River Pavillions © 2020. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use